Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

8.29.2005

College Orientation

With University classes across this great nation of ours starting up this week, I thought that it was time to chime in with a lesson I know very well--how Nascar fans should adapt to the world of acadamia and alcohol. Here's some pointers I've picked up:

--If you tell someone you're a Nascar fan, expect one of these two responses: "Oh, my dad's really into that" or, "Oh, my uncle's really into that."

--It can be tough to wrestle away control of the tv for Sunday afternoons. I recommend a taser and some duct tape.

--If instead of going out and finding your true self, you're watching Busch Series qualifying on tape delay, its probably time for you to get out more.

--Expect everyone to be "a Tony Stewart fan, because Joe Gibbs is my hero" (DC-area colleges only).

--In case of a fire drill, you don't need to go back to class. Scott Riggs will fill in for you.

--For the ladies--if you're a college-aged girl who's into Nascar, why aren't you dating me?

--And finally, just remember that, with a great college education, you can be the next Chad Little.

3 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger Joe Grav said...

We have an acronym 'round my parts: FBIT - funny because it's true.

Label this entry FBIT.

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to add this one:

"Some may mention that they watch alittle NASCAR, and then say that they are a Junior fan. When mentioning the name of your favorite driver, they're response most likely will be, 'Who's Rusty Wallace?'"

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Joe Grav said...

You forgot "Isn't that the cars going around in circles?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home