Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

8.22.2005

Fuel Conservation with Jeremy Mayfield

Hi there, I'm Nascar driver Jeremy Mayfield. As you no doubt saw, I won last week's GFS Marketplace 400 in Bed-Stuy, mostly due to my Dodge Charger's superior gas mileage. Well, the folks (actually, its just one folk) at The Ouside Groove asked me to give you some of my gas saving tips in this time of $2.50 unleaded. Here's a few:

--Always use the lowest octane rating your car will accept--only use octane 93 for perfume.

--Lose any extra heavy weight in the car. For instance, I left my dogs at home last week and saved almost 5 miles to the gallon.

--Carpool with your co-workers. However, I'd recommend NOT doing that with people who INSIST on listening to that new Coldplay CD over and over and over again (Kasey, I'm looking in your direction).

--Draft on the highway! Yeah, some people might call it "tailgating", but the fine's only $500 and 20 hours community service.

--Combine trips. For instance, if we just combined all the races into Sunday's run, and awarded the championship based on that, I'd be just fine with it.

--Downsize your ride. Which reminds me, see me go for the Nextel Cup Championship in the #19 Dodge Neon!

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Neons!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home