Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

1.21.2007

The 2007 Nascar Nextel Cup Storyline Daft...continued

Chris Berman: Back to New York, where the 2007 Nascar Nextel Cup Storyline Draft rolls on--we're through three picks already, Mel--where do you see Martin "To Tell the" Truex going with the fourth pick?

Mel Mackler Jr.: They could go in a couple of directions, Chris. Early word had them going with "Disappointing Junior Crony", but sentiment in the DEI camp now has them going a sightly more risky route, you could see them grab "First Time Race Winner" in the four spot.

Berman: Back to the podium with "Andy Van" Mike Helton.

Helton: With the fourth pick in the 2007 Nascar Storyline Draft, Martin Truex selects...Last Driver in the Chase.

(crowd chants "Mayfield! Mayfield!")

Berman: A sound choice for the Jersey boys, but do you like this pick, Mel?

Mackler: Not at all, Chris--Last Driver in the Chase has not worked out well for similar drivers over the past few years. You look at a guy like Jeremy Mayfield, he took that pick TWO years in a row, got almost ZERO press out of it. In fact, it was a late round selection of "Guy with Chubby Dogs" that got Jeremy his most attention over the past few seasons. Not a good pick at all.

Berman: Lets head to the floor with Pat O'Brien "and Murphy"

O'Brien: I'm Pat O'Brien, and I'm here with Martin Truex and New York Jets fan Kirk Church--Kirk, what do you think of this controversial pick?

Kirk: This is the worst day of my life--I should just go home and hang myself right now. If it wasn't for having the lead singer of U2 as our crew chief, I'd go back to being a Steve Park fan.

O'Brien: I'm Pat O'Brien, back up to you.

Berman: Well we now see the first real wild card pick of the day, Sterling Marlin, at the fifth pick--any idea on where he could go?

Mackler: None really at all--this is a team that needs loads of help at all positions, don't be surprised if they trade down to get some help at multiple storylines, Chris.

Berman: Back up to the podium, Mike "and Ike" Helton with the pick.

Helton: With the fifth pick in the 2007 Nascar Storyline Draft, Sterling Marlin selects...Surprise Run by a Veteran.

(audience cheers)

Berman: Wow--just what this team needs, a solid pick at the top of the board.

Mackler: I couldn't agree more, Chris--this pick has worked out great in the past, you've seen it work so well with Mark Martin in the past few years, Bill Elliott before that. If this pick works out, don't be surprised to see Sterling Marlin make some ink in the papers.

Berman: To the floor, Pat O'Brien "Taylor" with a blast from the past.

O'Brien: I'm Pat O'Brien, and I'm here with the ORIGINAL Surprise Run by a Veteran, Handsome Harry Gant. Bandit, what do you think of this pick?

Gant: Great pick by Sterling, I was a little worried that James Hylton might jump up and grab this pick, but hopefully Sterling can carry on the tradition of great runs by older drivers, and chewing and spitting highly addictive substances.

O'Brien: And I know about highly addictive substances! I'm Pat O'Brien, back to you.

Berman: Sixth spot, Kasey Kahne, where do the Dodge Boys go, Mel?

Mackler: My sources have Kasey going for a bit of a reach with "Driver Who Toughens up his Image", this pick didn't work out that well last year for Jeff Gordon, but there's lots of rumors floating around this team.

Berman: To the podium, lets find out from "I Dislike" Mike Helton.

Helton: With the sixth pick in the 2007 Nascar Storyline Draft, Kasey Kahne selects...Driver Who Toughens up his Image.

(high pitch squealing from the audience)

Berman: Ahhh! Damn teenage girls! They're louder than Stephen A. Smith! Mel, your thoughts?

Mackler: WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR A DAMN THING! THE SOUNDWAVES EVEN MOVED A STRAND OF MY HAIR.

Berman: Back to the floor, with "Stand" Pat O'Brien, who I hope was wearing earplugs.

O'Brien: I'm Pat O'Brien, here with 19-year-old Kasey Kahne fan Dawn Ryan. Dawn, what do you think of your man's pick here?

Dawn: Ohmigawd, Kasey Kahne is like, sooo cute, he's totttallly my favorite driiiiver. If he gets, like, reeeallly tough, it'll be like, sooo sexy.

O'Brien: You are so hot...I wanna (CENSORED BY ESPN2 BOARD OPS)...I'm Pat O'Brien and I'm being arrested!

Berman: That's all for now from New York City, I'd like to thank Mel Mackler Jr. for another great year of draft coverage. Good bye, and now back to your regularly scheduled ESPN2 Poker-related coverage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home