Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

9.07.2006

Special Guest Columnist

Ed. Note: Our trusty columnist/webmaster/caterer, Mike Mackler, is finishing up a stretch of 19 days without a day off at work. Currently confined to a room lined with unsold Bobby Labonte merchandise, he is unable to write an article today. Instead, here is The Outside Groove's official guest columnist, Ken Squire:

Folks, let me tell ya, this Chase thing is no good for the sport. Back when I was on TV we raced the entire season for a championship, not just for a playoff! And back when I was a boy, only two baseball teams went to the postseason! Can you believe that a team with a losing record might win the NL Wild Card? Every minute I turn on ESPN its poker, poker, poker! What's next, a televised NFL Draft?!?
What was I saying? Oh yes--in 1990, at Daytona, seeing The Intimidator Dale Jarrett, with a chance to finally win the 500, only to blow a tire and be passed by Derrike Cope, I tell ya--you can't script that. Just like these reality shows all over the TV. Why are there seven networks now? I grew up with three and we were grateful! And can you believe they're letting women vote now!

Mike will return tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home