Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

10.21.2006

Another "Weird Mike" Mackler Song Presentation

True story--last night I stopped by my local Wawa to buy some ice cream. Who happens to walk in but a young lady in a bee costume (sorority initiation, I bet). Naturally, this song came to mind:

To the tune of "No Rain" by Blind Melon, its the plight of a field filler, trying to get the chance to qualify

All I can say is that my car looks pretty plain
And you won’t see it tomorrow if there’s rain
All I can do is try to run a race or two
But my sponsors number few
I know its not sane…not sane…not saaaaaaaane

I just want a chance to get out on the track
To qualify and make today’s race
But if there is water I won’t make the field
And there goes my dreams of 33rd place

I hope you understand that there’s just one way to gain
But I will not get that chance without no rain
‘Cause my car’s set up to make the race on Sunday
But before that I must have a chance today
Today…today…todaaaaaaaaaaaaay
All I can say is that my car looks pretty plain
And you won’t see me tonight
On Dave Despain
Despain…Despaiiiiiiiiin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home