Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

12.18.2005

Alternate Future--What if Jeff Gordon Had Never Left Bill Davis?

Gordon Returns to Busch Series After 12-year Cup Run

After 12 mostly disappointing years in R.J. Reynolds Cup competition, driver Jeffrey Gordon has announced his return to the Busch Series in an attempt to become competitive again.
"I really think like I have some good years left in me", Gordon explained. "By teaming up with James Finch and Yellow Transportation, I think we can contend for some wins and crack the top 10.
Gordon has enjoyed a 12-year run in the Cup Series with Bill Davis Racing, driving the 22 CAT Ford to mixed success. Gordon's best year by far came in 1997, when he captured four wins, seven poles, and a 6th place points finish. However, Gordon has only notched three wins since, none since 2003, and was forced out by Davis' sponsor for "lack of refinement."
"I don't care what people think about me--how I look, how I dress, anything. I am who I am, and who cares if corporate America accepts me or not?"
Gordon, seen here before this year's Budweiser 500 at Dover Downs, has cultivated something of a cult following amongst Nascar's "old school" fans, who appreciate his candor and good-old boy nature.
"Jeff might not win all the time, but he's a real man's man", explained Wilson Scott, webmaster of Fans For Gordon. "We'll support him through thick and thin--even through the Busch Series."
Four-time Winston Cup Champion Ward Burton had no comment.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Shizzle, best one yet! Haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home