Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

11.09.2006

"Guess We're Letting Him Talk Through"

Cingular is running a new promotion where you can text a congratulatory message to Jeff Burton. Well, lets just try it out. OK, got my phone...OK, got the nummmber...here..."Jeff--congrats on a gr8 yr, keep it goin in 07, good luck this week at PHX...annnnd SEND." Alright, hope Jeff gets it, or at least a highly paid assistant.

(30 minutes later)
(Cellphone Rings)
Me: Hello?
Jeff: Hi! Its Nascar driver Jeff Burton!
Me: Oh, hi Jeff! Wow, I didn't expect you to call!
Jeff: Well, it wouldn't be to nice of me to not call ya back, now would it?
Me: I guess not. Well, thanks for the call back!
Jeff: Hey--thank YOU for the congratulations. Its fans like you who keep me goin' near the end of the season.
Me: Well, thanks Jeff, that means alot.
Jeff: So, am I your favorite driver?
Me: Uh, no, actually its Ryan Newman.
Jeff: Heh--guess I gotta keep up with the competition, eh buddy!
Me: Yeah, I guess so.
Jeff: Hey--are ya goin' to the race this weekend?
Me: Uh, I live in Delaware on the east coast.
Jeff: Hey, do you ever go to Dover? I won there this year!
Me: Yeah, I know, well, I do go there sometimes...
Jeff: That's great! Next time you're down there, give me a call we'll have lunch! Do ya like bar-be-que?
Me: I guess so...
Jeff: Yeah my hauler guy makes the BEST ribs in the world!
Me: That's, uh, that's great...well I hafta go...
Jeff: Hey wait, are ya gonna be watching the race on Sunday
Me: Um, if I get a chance, I actually have a date, I really have to go-
Jeff: A date? That's great! How about this--I call you from my car, and you can put her on the line! She'll be SO impressed!
Me: Yeah, great--I really hav-
Jeff: Have you seen Borat yet? Because I really want to see that--hey, I got movie passes--why don't you come watch it with me! That'll be awesome!
Me: Um, well...boop boop...oh wait, I must be getting boop boop another call...I really boop boop have to go.
Jeff: Alright Mike call me sometime! I always have my phone with me!
Me: OK I gotta go...
Jeff: Hey talk to ya later...
Me: OK bye
Jeff: Bye buddy!
(click)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home