Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

4.13.2006

Nascar DC

After a half-week in the nation's captiol, here's where Nascar managed to come into play:

--Despite it being in their possession, the Smithsonian Museum of American History did not have Richard Petty's 200th win car on display. Must've failed inspection.

--Here's a word of advice--when a paunchy, white-haired man in his late-50's is talking to his wife at the bar, and the Masters is on TV, that still means that he's watching the Masters. God forbid he catches a glimpse of Nascar on TV! (Then again, that image of Kasey Kahne in a cowboy hat WAS disconcerting).

--A bus-stop near my hotel featured a pet adoption advertisement featuring Greg Biffle. Because when I think of the National Guard, I think of furry little domesticated animals.

--I stayed away from eating at Subway while I was in DC. Because when I think of the meat in a Subway sub, I think of furry little domesticated animals.

--Outside the Holocost Museum, I saw a guy wearing a Robby Gordon Cingular hat. When I asked him if he was a fan, he replied that he really wasn't, and that he only had the hat since his daughter dates a guy on RCR. She can't be dating someone too high on the Childress totem pole, however, if she's getting merchandise from 2004.

--Comcast Sports Net, the local sports channel, is broadcast round-the-clock outside the Verizon Center. As a result, I walked by the Arena Tuesday Night and caught a story on Dale Earnhardt Jr. Junior, basketball, and DC's Chinatown--its a winning combination!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home