Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

8.10.2005

Gordon Signs Post-Lifetime Contract with Honda

Following Kurt Busch's surprise move to Penske Racing in 2007, Jeff Gordon has announced that he will part ways with Henrick Motorsports once his contract is up.
When informed that Gordon had signed a "lifetime contract" with team owner/car salesman Rick Hendrick, Gordon explained that his new contract is, in fact, compliant.
"My lawyers and I sat down and realized the issues pertaining to my contract", Gordon explained. "I obviously want to sign with a great company like Honda, however, I also don't want to be in breach of contract. As such, I'll be making my way over to the Honda camp as soon as my lifetime ends."
Gordon's move to the Japanese auto giant has been preceeded by signs of strife in the Hendrick camp--noticably Brian Vickers' drinking of Gordon's Pepsi (which had been clearly marked "JG" in the company fridge) and Jimmie Johnson's refusal to turn down his stereo in the trailer.
Gordon is expected to move immediately to Honda once his contract--and life--are terminated. It is unknown if Honda will ask for Hendrick to end Gordon's contract earlier, as this would require a contract killing.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh... A little dark there, eh Mike?

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious, Mike! Great job!!

Nick

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"contract killing"

Gawd, that is the funniest thing I read today.

-Posted by Tim at 12:02.57 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home