Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

10.06.2006

Mark Martin Enlists in Army

Clarifying an earlier error in a widely-distributed press release, Mark Martin has announced that he has enlisted in the United States Army, effective 2007.
"After we finish second in this year's Chase, I'll know I'll have done all that I could in my Nascar career. Enlisting in a fine organization such as the US Army is just the next logical step."
Martin, best known as the star of a Hardee's commercial in the 90's, explained his decision as a step in his "life plan" laid out when he was 18.
"When I graduated high school, I decided to see where this racing thing would take me. As soon as I got sick of it, I'd go into the Army. Well, 30 years later its time to check 'racing' off my list. After my hitch in the Army, I got four years of college, then I can finally apply for that sales management job at the Ford dealership."
Martin was quick to acknowledge his current team at Roush Racing, stating "I am just so blessed, blessed to have such a great team around me. These guys go out there every day and
Edited for Time
"gonna go out there and win some races."
Martin will ship out to Fort Bragg on February 1, 2007. Once there, he will begin basic training under Sgt. Tony Schumacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home