Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

11.02.2005

Mike Bliss Distances Self From Geek Squad Car

In a move that surprises no one, Mike Bliss, driver of the Net Zero @ Best Buy Chevy, has made every possible effort to distance himself from this week's "Geek Squad" special paint scheme.
"I was in no way consulted on this move, and in no way endorse it", Bliss explained in an interview earlier today. "I mean, Geek Squad? Why don't they just put me in a lavender station wagon with "I love kitties" on the hood?"
Geek Squad is a tech-service offered by Best Buy, in which computer experts (the "Geeks") are dispatched to homes. The large "Geek Squad" logo is plastered over Bliss's car for this weekend's race at Texas.
"I mean, could they have picked a worse place?", Bliss continued. "The fans here are pretty mercilous--I hear there's a movement to throw thick black glasses at me. They'd better not make the crew wear Geek Squad uniforms--that's where I draw the line."
The unusually embaressing sponsor will be in full force at Texas Motor Speedway, dispatching their famous black and white VW Beetles. Fans are expected to force the geeks to give them lunch money (which, at the track, is roughly $45), and ask them why they don't "quit punching yourself?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home