Support This Site

Real Racing...Fake News...Updated Nightly

11.13.2005

EXCLUSIVE: BUSCH SPEAKS

In an exclusive interview, Kurt Busch gives HIS side of the story as to what happened Friday night at Phoenix:
"OK, first of all, I didn't realize that I was going that fast. I mean, you know how it is. You're drivin' along, thinking about Roger Penske's hair, and all of a sudden, 'Woah, I'm doing 60 miles per hour!' And by the way, the '45mph' sign was TOTALLY covered up by a tree branch."
"So the next thing I know, I'm pulled over by this cop. Now, it is true that I said 'You ought to be directing traffic', but that's only because I'd just seen a near-miss at the track's north entrance. Two cars almost sideswiped each other! The fact that there aren't cops directing traffic throughout race weekend isn't just dangerous, its wrong."
"After I showed the cop my ID, it was reported that I said 'Do you know who I am?' Well, that's just not true. What I REALLY said was, 'Do you know will.i.am'--you know, the guy from the Black Eyed Peas. 'Lets get it started' was on the radio, and that song always gets me movin'. I just wanted to know if the cop liked the band too!"
"And finally, yes, I did smell of alcohol, but there's a good reason for that. I had just shaved for the first time, and I nicked myself pretty bad. I used some rubbing alcohol to make sure that there wasn't an infection, and I guess it smells just like Miller Lite. This Christmas, I'm asking for an electric!"

And THAT'S the story.

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snicker* THAT is the best thing I have read about this whole situation. The *best*.

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOME RUN!!!!

The best one I've read yet!!!!

I can just picture him standing in front of his motor home as he was on Sunday and saying this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home